CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Comments/suggestions about the blog, or have something you want me to post. Great!

Email me at focusedonthepositive@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

L.O.V.E.






I'll admit it.  I am a mushy, gushy, huggy, lovey type of person.  I love to love people.  I love hugs, and snuggles.  I don't like to hold in an "I love you", or "I like you".  I'll give you a hug or a pat on the shoulder if I feel like it. 

I have this inner desire to let people know that I care about them.  And I'm kind of glad that I do because it seems to help most people and you know what it makes me feel good too. 

I know I am different in this way from most people, and the trend seems to be hold in your emotions, don't show weakness.  But I don't see anything wrong with being warm and affectionate with those you care about.  I don't see emotions as a weakness.  OK, so I don't walk up to strangers and hug them, but I'll give a friend a hug.  I'll take an extra minute to tell someone I admire them. 

I hope you enjoy this Valentine's Day as much as I do.  I hope you feel loved, and share your love with others.  In my opinion Valentine's Day is not necessarily a romantic day,  it is a day to tell people you care about them.  So, instead of waiting around for something special to happen to you, let's be the one doing something special for others, friends/family, etc.  Just like I told my daughter this morning, make sure you tell everyone you care about that you care about them

 
Happy Valentines Day !!!

2 comments:

bc4ner

I like your attitude...always be positive and also be kind to others...I firmly believe that what goes around... will come around

NC Peach

This was a great post! I think so many people put energy into "things" on Valentine's Day, when it really is about telling others how we feel about them.

When I was single, I admit I used to get a little depressed that I didn't have that "someone special," or received all the things, experiences that the day brings. But I started to enjoy Valentines when I reached out to my family, special friends...So now its something that I try to incorporate into my daily life, not just on those special days. TFS.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!