CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Comments/suggestions about the blog, or have something you want me to post. Great!

Email me at focusedonthepositive@gmail.com

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where's the drive?

Last month we celebrated Independence Day and Pioneer Day, which got me thinking....those holidays are important because of the sacrifice so many made for a greater cause.  People were courageous, unwavering, filled with purpose.  Where has that gone?  When was the last time I was passionate about something?

A lot of work has been done for us by our ancestors, and as a result we are pretty casual and laid back.  Shouldn't we follow their example and have the same type of enthusiasm?  Don't you feel better when you have a purpose, or goal to work toward?  I'm not inferring that I am going to go out and save dolphins, but I think my life would be better if I had an inner goal that I was passionate about and worked toward.  And I suppose it's not that we need to go out and do "important" things, but maybe we should re-evaluate, and put some more "important" things on the list.

Anyways, I have just been thinking about the differences between our generation and the generations before us.  I like the kindness and purpose that I imagine life had long ago.  Not that I want to go back to churning butter.

Agree or disagree?  Let me know your thoughts/opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!