CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Comments/suggestions about the blog, or have something you want me to post. Great!

Email me at focusedonthepositive@gmail.com

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The truth comes out

You know how this blog is called "Focused on the Positive"?  Well, I suppose I'll let the cat out of the bag, I am not ALWAYS positive.  For example, here's one thing I am not looking forward to, and I mean, for along time I have dreaded the arrival of this day.  I am turning 29 again at the end of the month.  (AKA 30)

I thought I was dreading this day because it means I am old.  But I recently realized, I don't think 30 is old.  I've been married for a long time, I have a couple of kids.  I am ready to be 30.  I think what I am scared of is the idea of monotony.  The realization that the next several years will probably consist of taking and picking children up from various activities, making lunches, soccer games, girl scouts, etc.  No more spur of the moment ideas.  Everything will be scheduled, pre-planned, routine, etc.  The so-called fun and exciting chunk of life is ending, being replaced with the minivan years. Ugh.

Here's what I mean.  All of the exciting questions I had when in my 20's, who am I going to marry?  where are we going to live?  what are our kids going to look like?, have mostly been answered.  I am grateful for the stability of that knowledge.  Now I have a pretty good map of what the next several years are going to look like, so it's just a matter of living life.  I hope that makes sense in a non depressed way.  I am not depressed about the future, I just feel like I already know what lies ahead.

So here's what I want to know, how do I deal with this positively???  How do I look forward to this?  How do I change my perspective?  If you have suggestions, please let me know.  It's coming up soon... We'll see how I actually handle this special day.  I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

bc4ners

There may be many "days like today" in our future but those aren't the days we'll remember. It's those days when the unexpected comes and how we handle them that will be remembered by us, and those around us. Our character is altered by how we handle each new challenge and opportunity. Sometimes we ride the wave, sometimes we get knocked down. But we still get up, better prepared for the next wave, maybe even excited about the next wave. Sometimes those days of same old same old are a resting period for us..time to catch our breath before the next wave. Mom.

bc4ners

My point was, don't be worried that your life will be mundane. It will be filled with adventures and challenges even if we don't plan them ourselves. It's how we deal with those times that matter. Someone greater than ourselves is chartering our course and watching us as we "ride the waves" He sends in our sometimes still water. It never stays still for too long...just long enough. Enjoy the waves as well as the calm..you'll learn how to navigate both. Love MOM.

Scones

If you find out let me know. I only have a couple of months left myself.

Michelle

Let me just tell you - 30 is great! mentally, I will always be about 23 :) But I like your perspective on our 30's-40's. I've never really thought about it that way. I was always just scared of getting old! Haha!

Maria

Michelle, I am glad you are enjoying 30, and I am so glad you got there right before me instead of after, b/c YOU MAKE IT LOOK GREAT! You are the reason I don't think it is old. Thanks for your comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!